Wednesday, October 31, 2018

The Old Timer

Welcome to my art blog and my first post. I appreciate your stopping by and I hope you will come back for more as I share my latest efforts. They will also be posted on DailyPaintworks.com.

I'm a sucker for a face with character. I asked this guy if I could photograph him for a drawing and he grinned and asked what I wanted him to do. I told him to sit there and look like himself. He laughed and the bit of a smile lingered in his eyes. It was perfect.

This was drawn with an HB #2 pencil and the darkest darks applied with a Design Ebony Jet Black pencil. The ground is 80 lb, acid free Strathmore drawing paper.


The Old Timer  by S J Moore c 2018



1 comment:

  1. Your drawings are very realistic and your choice of "characters" is fascinating. I enjoy all the details you make so clear, such as the spectacles protector in his pocket and the wrinkles in his shirt.

    ReplyDelete